…and delicious too!
Like majority (if not all) men, my husband is so fond of pork dishes, and one of them is pulled pork sandwich; so as a wife it is my duty to create my own recipe that will satisfy his liking. Gladly I succeeded and here I am now sharing it to you loves.
It is the easiest and delicious (well at least for us) pulled pork ever. Easy breezy because of the cooking method that I chose–SIMMERING. Yes siree! You read it right, simmering. From now on you should be bff with it, as it will be your greatest ally in making any meat (especially those tough ones) fork tender.
Okay I think we need to start with the recipe! 🙂
Easiest Pulled Pork Sandwich
1/2 kilo Kasim (Back portion of a pig)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
Dried thyme (depends on your liking)
Dried rosemary (depends on your liking again)
Salt (just a pinch!)
Pepper (depends on your liking)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT KASIM in a pot. Why? So that you can adjust the taste according to your liking. If it’s too sweet add more water, if it’s too bland add more of what you think is lacking. After which add the pork.
Here’s mine 🙂
2. Cook it on a stove top. Let it boil, once boiling lower the heat, like the lowest in your stove top and make sure you put the lid tightly.
3. Let it simmer for 1 hour, yes one hour since it’s only half a kilo of kasim, not to mention it is one of the tenderest part of pork.
4. After one hour stir it to scrap off the bottom. It will get thick I tell you, as thick as molasses like this…
5. Once the meat is fork tender, it’s time to pull it apart! 🙂 Use two forks or you can use your hands whatever floats your boat loves.
6. Once you pulled all the meat, put it back to its sauce and mix it well. Taste it. Savor it. Love it.
7. Now all you have to do is get a good quality bread roll and put in some coleslaw and mayo or even cheese if you like. Dig in!
That’s it! Easy breezy! All you have to do now is plan when are you going to try this and let me know how it goes for you 🙂 Thanks for dropping by and don’t forget to share the recipe *wink*